Friday, October 2, 2009

Good Music for Feel Good Friday: Igor Stravinsky's The Rake's Progress... Love Cannot Falter

Just because I'm feeling kinda in that mood. ENJOY! BTW, the lyrics to the libretto (right around 5:56) are
I go, I got to him.
Love cannot falter,
Cannot desert;
Though it be shunned,
Or be forgotten,
Though it be hurt,
If love be love, It will not alter.
O should I see
My love in need;
It shall not matter
What he may be,
I go to him.
Love cannot falter,
Cannot desert.
Time cannot alter
A loving heart;
An ever-loving heart.



1 comment:

Curious said...

I have never been able to understand opera and listening to it in English wasn't much help either. But I have always loved the sound of women singing. Just like when just before Butterfly kills herself, I don't have a clue what she's saying but sound of her energy and passion and sensibilities are there and makes it all worthwhile.